One of the simplest and tastiest Italian recipes, the Caprese Salad is sure to tingle your taste buds.
- 1 pint mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 7 tablespoons (or more) extra-virgin olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- 2 pounds mixed medium and large tomatoes, cut into thin slices and/or wedges
- 8 ounces buffalo mozzarella or mozzarella
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Small basil leaves and toasted country bread (for serving)
First of all, toss the cherry tomatoes with 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a small bowl and season with salt.
Then, arrange the tomato slices on a platter, slightly overlapping. Season forthwith generously with salt. Arrange the mozzarella neatly over the tomatoes and lightly season mozzarella with salt. Spoon the cherry tomatoes over the salad and drizzle with 6 Tbsp. oil. As a matter of fact, season with pepper as well as with salt. Let it all stand for 30 minutes because you want to let the flavours release the juices from the tomatoes and the mozzarella.
Finally, top the salad with basil and additional salt and oil, if desired and serve with bread.
Most importanly, don’t forget to head to our YouTube channel to find all of Silvia’s ricette (recipes): https://www.youtube.com/user/italianpassione/playlists?view_as=subscriber